wine club tapped in

Tapped In

Wine Club

More Info
news and offers

News & Offers

Email Address


Join Now

Categories



Aquitania Reserva Carménère 2015



Price:
$34.99
SOLD OUT
print button
download button

 

Grape Variety: 85 % Carmenere - 15% Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting notes: Ruby red colored with hints of purple. On the nose you can get intense aromas of ripe, red fruits, tofee and some soft hint of red pepper, combined with the elegant toasted of the French barrel. On the tongue, is a well structured wines with mature and soft flavor,round and persistence, highlighting the flavor of fruits and vanilla

 

Grape Variety: 85% Carménère and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon 
Tasting NotesRuby-red coloured wine with hints of purple. Intense aromas of ripe, red fruits, toffee and a soft hint of red pepper, combined with the elegant toast of the French barrel. In the mouth it is a well-structured wine with mature and soft flavours, round and persistent, highlighting the flavour of fruits and vanilla. 

Vineyard: Maipo Valley – Santiago, Chile 
Age of the VineyardApproximately 16-21 years old 
Time of HarvestEarly May 
Altitude: 700 metres above sea level

Harvest Method: Hand harvested in small 10kg boxes. Hand-sorting on a conveyor belt.
WinemakingFour days of cold-soaking at 5°C in temperature controlled 21,700 litre stainless steel tanks. Seven days of fermenting at 27°-28°C with three pump-overs per day. 10 days of post-fermentation maceration at 23°C. Aged for 8 months with 60% of the wine aged in French oak barrels and the remaining 40% in stainless steel tanks.
Winemaker: Felipe de Solminihac, Bruno Prats, Paul Pontallier and Ghislain de Montgolfier

Alcohol: 13.0% vol.
Volume: 750 ml
Residual sugars: 2.2 gr/litre
Standard Drinks: 7.7
Peak drinking: Ready to drink
Best Served: 16°-18°C
Ageing: 8 months in 60% in French oak barrels and 40% in stainless steel vats